KVS PGT-COMPUTER SCIENCE 2013 EXAM
QUESTIONS Directions(Questions 1-4):Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the underlined word in the sentence.
- Forgetting their old enmity, they joined hands with a spirit of camaraderie.
1) animosity 2) love
3) friendliness 4) trust
2. Rajan employed my friend only when I agreed to avouch for his honesty.
1) vow 2) affirm
3)pay 4) guarantee
3. They knew by his sophomoric remarks that he was still naive in the field.
1) casual 2) unpalatable
3) ignorant 4) immature
4. They shunned him because he was a lecherous man who always looked for an opportunity to cheat others.
1) lustful 2) deceptive
3) cunning 4) dishonest
Directions(Question 5-8): Choose the word which is opposite in meaning of the underlined word in the sentence.
5. The attack on the freedom of the press is a retrograde step.
1) declining 2) progressive
3) punitive 4) stubborn
6. There was no altusistic motive that prompted him to help her.
1) wicked 2) brutal
3) inhuman 4) selfish
7. According to a great philosopher, magnanimity in a man implies many other qualities.
1) poverty 2) jealousy
3) meanness 4) enmity
8. Her impetuous behaviour was attributed to her upbringing.
1) declining 2) rash
3) quiet and gentle 4) sluggish
Directions(question 9-10): Fill in the blank.
9. Since one cannot read every book, one should be content with making a _______ selection.
1) standard 2) sample
3) moderate 4) judicious
10. Some people ________ themselves into believing that they are indispensible to the organization they work for.
1) fool 2) delude
3) force 4) denigrate
Directions(Questions 11-14): Choose the option which best expresses the meaning of the underlined idiom/phrase in the sentence.
11. Lord Clive won his laurels in the battle of Plassey.
1) fought bravely 2) defeated his enemies
3) acquired distinction 4) overpowered his enemies
12. The best policy is to let sleeping dogs lie.
1) to be liberal 2) to be tolerant
3) to be neutral
4) to avoid discussing troublesome matters
13. He was in a brown study and did not seem to catch my point.
1) in his study room 2) absorbed in reading
3) absent-minded 4) in a state of shock
14. A good teacher should have the gift of the gab.
1) a good personality 2) absorbed in reading
3) a talent for speaking 4) an interest in discipline
Directions(Questions 15-16): A word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Choose the correctly spelt word.
15. 1) Etiquete 2) Etiquette
3) Ettiquete 4) Ettiquette
16. 1) Millonare 2) Millionaire
3) Millionare 4) Millonaire
. . .